Monday 23 May 2022

On Hijab Row, Boxing Champ Nikhat Zareen's Pro-Choice Strike

New Delhi : Boxing world champion Nikhat Zareen on Monday weighed in on the smouldering controversy over Muslim girls wearing the hijab in schools and colleges, saying one's attire was entirely the subject of their choice.

"It is totally their own choice. I can't comment on their choices. I have my own choice. I like to wear such clothes. I don't mind wearing such clothes. My family doesn't mind me wearing such clothes. So, I don't care what people say about me," she told NDTV in an interview.

"But if they want to wear hijab and follow their religion, it's their personal choice. I don't have any problem with them wearing hijabs. After all, it's their own choice. I am okay with that," Nikhat Zareen said.

No comments:

Post a Comment